Sunday, January 10, 2016

#1 How I Feel About Reading and Writing

The first chapter of patterns for a purpose made me think about reading and writing in a different way than I have before. The chapter talked a lot about really studying what you are reading, inferring, or guessing what the writer means is like reading between the lines. It is important to do that to figure out what the author is truly saying. Another part I found interesting is that we should question if the facts in the reading are actually facts, the author can dress up a fact as something that may be just the authors opinion that they dress up as a fact.
We must be aware of over generalizing and over simplifying, in our writing as well as when we read other authors works. We have to look for the deep meanings, not what is right in front of our faces.
I found it interesting how they not only talked about reading text but also reading charts, graphs and photos. I have never really thought about "reading" visuals, but it can be helpful when trying to understand what is in front of you. Not just looking at it but analyzing what it really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment